1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Traveling to St LuciaGeneral

1. iheotp

iheotp Well-Known Member

I am going to St Lucia and was looking for some insight on what I hsould do with my phone. Me and my girlfriend both have Incredibles. Can I even use my phone over there? I don't care too much about making calls but being able to text would be great. If that is even possible, how does Verizon charge? I'm sure it is an arm and a leg.

Advertisement
  2. jski711

jski711 Well-Known Member

Really...... If i knew where you lived I would drive to your house and slap you for even thinking about using ur phone while in St Lucia....
  3. iheotp

iheotp Well-Known Member

Thanks for the useful input. Like I said I don't need to make calls. It would be nice if I could text and keep in contact with work. This isn't all vacation for me. I am just unsure of how it works with data..Does Verizon charge per text? $.50, $1.00, $1.99? I will probably just rely on email
  4. iheotp

iheotp Well-Known Member

btw jski711, what kind of tank do you have?
  5. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

I would just go with wi-fi and e-mails.
  7. iheotp

iheotp Well-Known Member

good call sdrawkcab25. I think I am gonna bring my ipod touch and use it for wifi stuff. I was going to be meeting people on the island at different times and places so I was hoping for the ease of a text but an email will do fine. Or just resort to the good old land line phone call lol
  8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

You could technically put the phone into airplane mode and use wifi off that, and text using apps like Google Voice.
  9. jski711

jski711 Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to insult you about the phone on vacation. LOL

I have a 75g reef tank. U got a tank?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]