Traveling with my evoTips

Last Updated:

1. Lex_diamond

Lex_diamond Member This Topic's Starter

Got a question I purchased an all you can jet pass and im taking off today, through my whole travel i will be going to 1 spots outside the US Dominica Republic and puerto rico which is US territory well my question is for roaming chargers to avoid I want to use my evo to take pictures records videos use wifi ect. but I dont want a huge bill with my phone trying to find service what do you guys recommend?

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Definitely turn off mobile internet. Hold the power button down, then select it to turn it off. Also, under wireless and networks, set roaming to sprint only.

3. Hoya94

Hoya94 Member

In Puerto Rico you get to use your Evo like you use it in the mainland. There are no roaming charges or anything like that because you are in the United States. I would check with Sprint with regards to the Dominican republic because that is overseas. Good luck and have a good trip! ;)

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If you are worried, just put the phone in airplane mode. You can add a widget to the homescreen to do this. You will still be able to take pictures,, play games etc, but it turns off the cell radio and internet.