Trent Dual-port Pack IMP50D 5000mAhAccessories

Last Updated:

1. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

Holler peeps,

I'm off for my travels to Asia in a few months time and the fact im likely to spend a good 16 hours or so in cattle class, instead of buying a spare battery, I bumped into this portable external one. does anyone have any thoughts? reviews have been positive so far but was wondering if there were any other DHD owners out there has one? Customer Reviews: New Trent Dual-port Pack IMP50D 5000mAh with 1Amp output port External Battery pack Faster than other to charge your Apple iPad, iPhone 4G 4, iPhone 3G 3GS, iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G), Motorola Droid phones, HTC Android Pho

@ under 400g its not that bad weight wise, and with 3 full charges out to my DHD from the baby, it'll defo last me the whole 16 hours playing emulators and robo defence lol

Again, thoughts would be muchly appreciated :)

2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

A mobile charger for your DHD is a good concept!

I use a JustMobile Gum Pro, 4400 mAh and 150g lightweight :)

3. eddiewawa

Ooo just had a look at amazon and some of the reviews and this to be honest seems better.considering its like more than half the weight and only sacrifice around 600mah? That sounds alot better!

How many charges can you get to your DHD dude? And how long for each charge if you don't mind me askin? Cheers!
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

About two charges (from 20% to 100%). It depends, what runs on your phone on standby.
    And the highlight: The Gum charges your DHD as fast as your HTC charger ("AC") with a standard USB cable.

eddiewawa likes this.
  5. eddiewawa

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! hmmm, this may seem like the better option actually, and im sure i'll be viewing some random in flight movie rather than constantly hammering the games on my phone...squished by some obese guys in between...with a baby crying in front and behind me....oh the joy!

Thanks again dude!
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You are welcome :)
    Just make sure to get the JustMobile Gum Pro.

There is also a JustMobile Gum Plus (with a silver Mac look).
    But it's expensive and hasn't the fast charging.

7. eddiewawa

sorry dude! 1 last question, and the reason for this is cos one of my mates has one of these:

PowerMonkey Chargers at

but seems the switch is a lil easy to activate and by accident, drains the chuffer before using the darn thing lol

so on on the Gum Pro model, ive noticed it also has a physical switch...

Q: from your experience was it easy to accidentally flip this one active? i.e. like when your carrying it in a bag etc?

cheers in advance!
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

That's never happened to me.
    It's a slide switch and it's something deeper arranged. I use my fingernail to shove it :)

9. eddiewawa

woot! thanks again dude! will put the gum pro on my wish list :)