• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Triangle Away for GS4?

I flashed the wicked Rom which is truly wicked, I also flashed CM10.1 one of my all time favorites. Now I found triangle away, but my S4 doesn't show a flash count. Well I decided to flash it anyway and I guess it works. No harm done to my phone. Please take your time to read the thread. I dont think its necessary to use unless you want to reset the counter for repairs via Samsung.

If you guys want to try it you can find it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1494114 .

THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. A USB JIG IS PREFERRED IF YOU HAVE A WORKING ONE.

Upvote 0
It took me a couple of times to figure out what I was doing wrong but it worked perfect with everything showing Official. You need to be on the stock rom and stock recovery. If you don't use TA, system status in Odin mode will show Custom and also Device Status in settings will show Custom. You don't want that if you have to return your phone for some reason.

1 - Odin stock MDL rom.

2 - Use CF-Auto-Root from the XDA thread. Just install it through PDA in Odin. (see his 2nd post for instructions) Now you're rooted with stock recovery so you can use Triangle Away.

3 - Use Triangle Away. Follow the directions exactly.

4 - After phone reboots, go back to stock recovery, do a factory reset and wipe cache partition.

Everything in Odin mode and in settings About Device should all say Official now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones