Trident cases, anyone heard of them?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So today during my usual internet surfing, I ran across an article about this company called Trident and their new Cyclops case for the Evo 4G. I went to their website and found out they make cases very similar to the Otterbox Defender and the Otterbox Commuter. When I say very similar I mean these cases are basically the otterbox defender and the commuter. The case similar to the Defender is called the Kraken, and the case similar to the Commuter is called the Cyclops.
    Here is their website: Trident Case- The Case You Can't Refuse.

Currently, they don't have any cases out for the Incredible but their website says they will have the Kraken and Cyclops for the Incredible out by the end of this month. If Otterbox doesn't have their act together by then, I will probably just get one of these.

Here is a video review of the Kraken on an iphone 4 (its the only phone they have the kraken out for at the moment so deal with it):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z02h2jb7u1o
    I like how the belt clip doubles as a stand. Wonder if they will include this on the Incredible cases.

And here is a drop test with an iphone in a Kraken:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nMvqK6ZuRw

From the video review I can tell that the silicone on the case doesn't look quite as thick as a Otterbox case but overall they look pretty promising and ther prices are a little cheaper than Otterbox. And right now if you like them on Facebook, they will give you a code for free priority shipping if you buy $15 or more of stuff from them.

Advertisement
  2. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Interesting i might have to pick up one of these. I wonder how the built in screen protector works? I hope it doesn't scratch easily or just suck in general! but thanks for the post im going to keep up on this.

3. incredible x4

Well, from the shots of the iphone case taken apart it looks just like the screen protector that the Otterbox Defender has built in. And if its anything like the Otterbox, it won't suck. I've had a defender on my ipod since June and it hasn't scratched. Nor has it scratched my ipod. And it hasn't effected the way that the touch screen works either. You do notice it when you use the ipod, it makes the screen feel like a old resistive screen but with the accuracy of a capacitive screen. If you want to see a good review of a very similar case look at reviews for the Otterbox Defender for the iphone or ipod. The Trident Kraken is basically a clone of the Defender.

4. incredible x4

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and order a Kraken. The issues with the Defender and the current 2 week backorder its on have made me give up on Otterbox. I need a case and Otterbox has made me mad.:mad:

According to Trident's Facebook the Kraken is only a pre-order at the moment, but they said all pre-orders will be shipped by Tuesday. And free shipping just sweetened the deal.

I ordered my case in black. I thought about red but decided I would eventualy get tired of that so I just went with black. I also thought that maybe it would help avoid the issues a few of the Evo guys are having with the Cyclops case. The brighter colored cases seem to mess with the proximity sensor and the screen won't turn on if you pull the phone away from your face during a call. Also the brighter cases tend to reflect the color of the case when the flash is used in pics. So if you have a blue case, your pics come out blue.

I'll post a review of it when I get it, which should be the end of next week. It looks promising. And it looks like a good alternative to the Defender.

I'll make a new thread for my review after I get the case.

michaelkahl likes this.
  5. Anthony1970

Anthony1970 Well-Known Member

To bad they didnt make a cylops case for the incredible. The kraken is just too bulky. There was rumors of it but its getting late in the game for new cases for this phone.