Trident KrakenAccessories

Last Updated:

1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I reached out to Trident today and they responded, although I'm a bit confused after seeing their FB page.
    Here's an image of the Kraken for the Incredible.
    [​IMG]

Second, a rep told me via email that the first shipments should arrive and be in stock early next week. However I read on their FB page a response to a discussion board posting about no plans on an Incredible case until November.
    Wall Photos | Facebook
    The discussion board post seems like an uninformed one, but even if it is released next week I'm pondering over the design. I'm glad multiple colors will be available at release, stated in my email, however it's an odd shape.

Here's the response I received:

We will have the Kraken for HTC Incredible as early as next week, they are available in 5 colors: Black, Blue, Grey, Red, and Yellow. For White we probably will have to wait a little longer. For photos are reviews you can visit our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Trident-Case/146079625404724

Please remember to LIKE US so you can get shipping discount. Thanks!

Sincerely,

John Chi
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    incredible x4 likes this.
  2. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

Heres a link to my thread about the Kraken if you want to see some more info about them:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible-accessories/200584-trident-cases-anyone-heard-them.html

These cases look promising. But the weird shape is what kind of turns me off. And the front is kind of weird. I like Otterbox's design better. The Defender, which is what these cases are most similar to, has an all open design, not just cut-outs for the capacitive buttons and the trackball. I will probably wait for some reviews to come in about these before I buy one now that I have seen that pic. But if the Defender comes out soon, which doesn't look likely:(, I willl probably get one of those anyway.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought to check their facebook page.

3. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a pre-order with Amazon for the Defender. I was hoping for something better from Trident after seeing the EVO Cyclops. No word on the Incredible Cyclops...

4. incredible x4

5. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

The site is updated and it shows up. Im not sure if this is just preorders at this stage but im gonna wait for some reviews before i jump into purchasing.

6. incredible x4

They changed the design. In the pic from their facebook, it has cut-outs for the capacitive buttons but the new pics doesn't have that. I like that a lot better. I think I'll read up on Trident tonight. With the way the Defender is turning out, this looks like a viable alternative. But I still don't like the way the case bumps out at the corners.

EDIT:
    Ok, this case it starting to look really good. I've been looking at reviews for the Kraken for the iPhone, I like it. I see now why the corners are designed like they are. Trident designed them to offer better protection in drops. I might just bite and pick one up for the incredible.

7. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

better protection or not...that thing is ugly!

8. incredible x4

Well it doesn't look too bad when its all black. And they got rid of those cut outs around the capacitive buttons so that cleaned up the front. Heres the product page for it, theres have better pics of it:

Trident Case- The Case You Can't Refuse.