tried factory reset, unsucessfulSupport

1. mmm4

mmm4 New Member

My daughter bought a Samsung Galaxy Tag SCH 1800, it was second hand. As we looked at it it looked great, we played with it for awhile before we purchased it. It worked fine. We brought it home and noticed there was a lot of extra stuff, so we tried a factory reset.
    I pushed the power button & the up volume, just like the manual said.
    I made the correct selection
    It would try to make a call to activate and it would tell me it couldn't
    We repeated the activation several times, unsuccessfully
    Now the screen shows a white triangle and a green android.

HELP PLEASE.. She saved alot of money for this and now its dead. She bought it to help her little sister stay busy when we attend her robotics competition next week.

How do I fix this, PLEASE!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jessexxx

Jessexxx New Member

Hi mmm4,

Please follow the exact steps below on how to hard reset your tablet:

1. With the device off, press and hold Volume Up and Power.
    2. Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo, but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.
    3. Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Home to choose the selection.
    4. Press Volume Up continue.
    The Galaxy Tab should then go through the hard reset process.
    If you have access to the OS, you can also perform a hard reset in Settings.
    1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Select Privacy.
    3. Choose Factory data reset.

Hope it works for you..
  3. Jessexxx

Jessexxx New Member

4. swaggerhero

swaggerhero New Member

My tab is freezing up after a few minutes of use. I'm thinking about doing the hard reset but I'm not sure if I'll have to get a new phone number (from Sprint) for my tab if I do this. Please advise.
  5. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

Your phone number remains the same. If it does get cleared during a hard reset (but I don't think NAM data is affected), your device will just re-run the over-the-air programming, which recovers your existing number.