Tried flashing Baked Snack 1.9 and now stuck at white screen

Last Updated:

1. Droidbotz

Droidbotz Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,

I tried installing Baked Snack 1.9 using Rom Manager, and I followed the instructions from matlock. However, after my phone restarted I'm now stuck at the htc EVO 4G white screen. I don't know what I did wrong, but now I get the same white screen even after I select recovery. Please help.

Thanks,

Ruben

Advertisement
  2. Loonytunes

Loonytunes Well-Known Member

how did you get it from rom manager? When I click on it, it says "error downloading rom list. Please contact the developer of this rom." When I download it from his site, it says that it is bad and will not install.. I don't get it.

3. Droidbotz

Droidbotz Member This Topic's Starter

I actually downloaded directly to my PC and transferred it over via USB. Then I used ROM Manager to install directly from SD card. I did a little more digging and found that your not supposed to open the zip file which I may have accidentally did earlier. I was able to get my original ROM back up by doing a fast reboot.

Besides, I'm now reconsidering going with Myn's Warm ROM since it seems more stable/reliable. What did you decide to go with since Baked Snack 1.9 didn't work for you?

4. Wile-E

Wile-E Active Member

It may be one of two problems. First, installing with with ROM Manager may not have done a complete wipe of the phone, which the author states is necessary. Second, the issue could be the Clockworkmod recovery (as opposed to Amon RA). ROM Manager only uses Clockworkmod but some ROMs need Amon RA.

Just my thoughts.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

or he could have corrupted the zip file like he mentioned in his post :p

(have used clockwork on multiple roms since day one of root and still not one issue)

6. Loonytunes

I am just sticking with my stock rooted rom. I tried to get baked snack 1.9 to install with clockwork, but it fails every time. It says it is bad. I did not unzip it or anything, just put the rom from his site on the sd card.. I don't get it.

7. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Maybe you got a bad download. Did you try redownloading it? You can also try RA recovery, instead, like Wile-E suggested.

EDIT: Also, did you wipe data, cache, and dalvik?

8. Loonytunes

I guess I will try the ra recovery. I tried downloading it 3 times. I wiped everything. I will give it a go with the other recovery and post results.

**Update** Nope. Tried the ra recovery, wiped everything and still it says it can't open the .zip (bad)
    I think I will just keep things the way they are. I am not unhappy with the stock rooted rom I am running.

9. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

There are many other roms out there besides Bakedsnack. Try Myn's Warm or something. Here's a list of a whole bunch you can try:

HTC Supersonic/ROMs - XDA-Developers

If absolutely nothing else, it would be good to know that it's just a bad zip and not your phone that's having a problem.

Loonytunes likes this.
  10. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

[QUOTE (have used clockwork on multiple roms since day one of root and still not one issue)[/QUOTE]

Knock on wood, same here!! I feel great to have high success rates, only ROM I have issues with is MIUI but its sooooo neat I can look past the glitches, cause he worked hard as heck on that thing, my 2 cents :)