Tried it all...uploading video to facebook problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Evoknevo

Evoknevo New Member This Topic's Starter

im having problems uploading videos to facebook from my evo. tried some different methods such as getting a special email address from facebook for my account so i can email videos to my profile...it works fine for photos but will not post videos from my evo ( 3gp format issue?)
    i hate qik and have read about people using that to upload videos to facebook. tried it and with me its either a hit or a miss meaning sometimes it uploads and other times it doesnt ( and most of my videos are not huge usually 14 seconds and always under 30 seconds)
    youtube...ahhh dont get me started on that i have to dial down the quality of the video from 720p to something that looks like a pixelated mess to upload videos to facebook in a timely manner..i dont like to wait hours or days for a video to finish uploading and yes i do it over wifi and no its not a slow connection
    i guess im wondering if theres a way that doesnt involve transferring files to my pc converting them to another format and uploading from there...or is there an app that works atleast 90% of the time to upload videos from my evo without having to first upload them to a secondary site and then link to facebook?
    i just have a hard time accepting the fact that it was painless uploading videos to facebook from a dumbphone and that its such a huge pain on my evo

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I upload from my pc straight to facebook. No converting required.

As for EVO-Facebook, I've never tried that one so can't comment.

3. buMitch333

buMitch333 Well-Known Member

tried this too the other night and would not allow me to wouldnt even show the option for facebook upload

4. JaBoO

JaBoO New Member

I've tried uploading video's to Facebook also. Only gives me the option to upload photo's, which I've done plenty. WTH?
    Anyone know the solution?

5. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well this past weekend. I usually never upload videos but happened to have one. This is a common feature of other facebook builds, so should be a part of the Evo's. HTC or the Facebook app developer need to get on the ball.

6. CaptainFDU

CaptainFDU Member

Same problem...:(

7. Evoknevo

Evoknevo New Member This Topic's Starter

Sigh ... :(

8. PM-Performance

PM-Performance New Member

For what its worth, i tried all this too and wondered WTF was going on.
    uploading pics is a sinch and does it real quick.
    For vid there is no option. I went to the site directly in a browser and always fails to load the vids.
    Kinda sucky, but every FB app I have seen so far blows in some way.