Tried Rooting and want to unroot

Last Updated:

1. treysbr

treysbr New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Evo a week ago, version 004 with 2.2. Tried rooting and when I looked at the software it was 2.1 and is running a little sluggish. I want to unroot it and just go back to my stock 2.2 but from what I searched on unrooting it would not load on my pc. Is it possible when I unroot I won't get 2.2 back and are their issues with me rooting on a Mac and then having to unroot on a pc? Also I did not do my root with Unrevoked, i did it from android central instructions.

One method of unrooting I tried was to load HTC sync on my pc but it wouldn't load,,,,guess I am just really confused and at a loss on what to do.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I did try to do a search but nothing helped.

Advertisement
  2. forte

forte Member

3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

4. wrapkgb

The newer phones are rootable but you have to manually push files and d it the hard way. The reason why its so sluggish is because he is on 2.1

5. treysbr

Can I donthe official 3.30 RUU on a Mac or do I need thec

6. wrapkgb

Im not sure what you mean by "thec" lol But your going to need to use a windows based CPU since its an exe file.

7. treysbr

Operator error with the on screen keyboard and the auto word correct. I have been doing that a lot lately. Thanks for the help.