Tried rooting, went mostly fine... seem stuck now

Last Updated:

1. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the Ultimate Dream ROM from the guy's blog, along with the other necessary things. I'd never rooted the phone before, but I figured it can't be too complicated.

Here's the basic steps I followed

1) Used the DE03_REL_1.tar using the SWUpgrade, restarted the phone, it was fine

2) Swiched tars, and put the recovery3_0_8.tar file in the binary folder, and ran SWUpgrade again, restartedthe phone, it was fine

3) Put the 3.2 Ultimate Dream zip folder on the root of the SD Card, and tried to go into recovery mode, to do the "Apply Update Zip" thing... but when I go into recovery mode, I just get the same old blue disk/"Downloading" recovery mode screen, with no "Apply Update Zip" option

Where did I go wrong? Were there steps between 2 and 3 I should've done? Phone works fine, but I'd like to get the Ultimate Dream rom going.

Advertisement
  2. toefer

Ok, found out I was holding the wrong buttons. Instead of VolDown + Camera + End, I was supposed to hit VolDown + Talk + End.

Only problem now is I get a "Can't open /sdcard bla blah blah" (bad) Installation Aborted message.

3. toefer

Wiped/reformatted the SD and tried again, worked fine.