tried to do it

Last Updated:

1. Zstarkey

Zstarkey Member This Topic's Starter

Well i tried to root the phone but when i get to the reboot recovery stage it just shows the HTC screen on the phone and wont do anything from there and i have waited as long as 20 minutes but still on that screen. so i even tried removing the battery and then holding the down volume button and power button but it still just stays on that screen soo i dont know what to do now. I even tried the auto root and it had a ton of errors soo that didnt work.

PLEASE HELP thank you

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

did you use teh pre-kitchen or did you do it manually? did you follow teh steps in this guide? http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/38911-guide-root-rom-faq-tutorial.html

when I rooted I did it the manual way.. when I rooted a second time I followed the manual steps in this guide.. it was VERY painless.. and if you tell it to reboot recovery.. it does just that... it reboots into recovery.. no need to hold any buttons..

if you look at the SD card.. do you see the recovery.img file listed? if not.. then it never flashed (Flashing can take a while)

3. Zstarkey

Yeah it is there but it doesnt seem to want to reboot into recovery mode. either from the cmd prompt or from trying it on the phone

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Are you following the guide word by word? Did you copy and paste the commands in ? Make sure you follow it step by step.

5. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Have you tried holding down the Home button while powering on? Or even try holding volume down AND the home button while it powers on. Should boot to a white screen with some colored options, then to a black screen with green text.

6. Zstarkey

yup tried to get to recovery mode both ways and it just stays on the HTC screen forever. and i followed it word for word as well

7. ccapasso

I would suggest trying it again. This time download the 1.2.3 RA instead and try booting into recovery using that. Shouldn't matter, but worth a shot. Also, silly question, but you do have a Sprint CMDA Hero right?

8. Zstarkey

Ok yeah i will try it again with the older version of it and yes it is a sprint cdma unless the dumbasses sold me a gsm but i HIGHLY doubt it lol do they even make it in GSM

9. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

if you have service on sprint, you certainly don't have a GSM hero lol.

10. Zstarkey

YAY!!!! ok i got it finally and finally got fresh 1.1 installed i like it so far any other tips for me??

11. ccapasso

Congrats. At this point I would say read over the tutorial again. There are some FAQ on what you can do once Rooted/ROM'd.

My suggestion would be start by getting a feel for how you like Fresh 1.1. Then go from there.

12. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

lucky bastard :p

13. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

I had to do it this way also, it would not reboot into recovery mode from v1.5.2, no matter what method I tried. If you still want the v1.5.2 recovery ROM, I was able to flash it and reboot after putting Fresh 1.1 on my phone.