tried to reset, and got this:

Last Updated:

1. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought this one Ebay, and Tmobile said I'd need to reset fully, or get the password. Sooo...I read online where I can hold down the DOWN volume, then the hang up, then the call, and enter reset mode.

Check! It said reset mode for a second.

And then it went to a screen with "!" and a picture of a phone. That can't be good. I haven't touched it since, as I'm not sure if it's trying to do something. It doesn't look like it's doing anything.

Where do I go from here?

Advertisement
  2. Streetman

got impatient, turned it off and back on. Here's what I got:

nothing from when I first turned it on.

what's the proper way to reset this fully?

3. Bschwartz40

Bschwartz40 Active Member

This means you entered Recovery Mode, and by pressing the Menu key it will perform a Factory Reset.

4. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

press menu

5. Streetman

sidenote-who sends a phone to a stranger with their Gmail account, all their contacts, etc. still on it? I felt like a snoop.

So, I got it back into that mode, hit MENU, and it's restarted with a fresh install. Well I think it's fresh. Did this phone come with Diner Dash and Where's Waldo?

I think I'm going to want to root.

6. Streetman

I'm playing with the cube, and giggling like a school girl. This is fun! he he he!

and as useless as a warm bucket of hamster vomit.

7. famished

famished Well-Known Member

Lol, I don't know if I've ever seen a hamster vomit, but this brings up a great idea- why hasn't Samsung thought of making the Cube really useful as Magic 8-ball when you shake the phone?!

8. Streetman

dude, I'm wondering what the hell Samsung was thinking on 23 different features of this phone.

I'm waiting on 1.6 ota, but might need to get it rooted regardless. This thing is stuffed with crap.

9. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

Where's waldo only comes on 1.6.

If you don't believe me, go to settings-about this phone and see if it say 1.5 or 1.6 anywhere

Your phone is already rooted, now you just need to make your computer capable of flashing.

U need to install the right drivers so your computer and phone can communicate.

After that u need to download the computer app called odin. Its an executable, so when u double click it, it just runs.

Then you need to look for a rom. Look for terminology in the all things rooted forum for bh2

Once u found one, you need to learn how to use odin.

10. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

Yes his phone may be rooted from the previous owner, but wheres waldo came with the 1.5 ota bug update!

11. DoublePlay

DoublePlay Member

I believe that the Worthless Where's Waldo and the Dopey Dinner Dash came with the last update and are part of 1.5 bloatware.

12. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Where's Waldo came as part of the previous OTA, not 1.6.
    So I'm willing to bet that it's running stock. There is a slight chance you're running 1.6 factory (I think, I'm not sure if that would include Waldo or not). When you turn the phone on its side (d-pad to the right), does the home screen rotates? If it does, you have 1.6.

I don't get why they fill the phone with stupid DEMOS of paid apps (where's waldo, midnight bowl). If we still have to buy them, we should be able to uninstall them.