Tried to talk Best Buy into letting me pick up the phone todayGeneral

Last Updated:

1. merickson598

merickson598 Member This Topic's Starter

They said no.

This is an FYI in case anyone else was considering trying. I told them a lot of people who ordered through Verizon got theirs yesterday and today but they wouldn't budge.

If anyone has any success, let me know, maybe reports of other Best Buy stores releasing early will sway them ;)

Advertisement
  2. Wrathix

Wrathix Active Member

They told me when I pre-ordered that it will be released today. So I went in today, guy remembered me, said they're coming off the truck now. Waited around a bit, he came over, said the phone is actually available tomorrow and would be fined ten thou for releasing early.

My Best Buy is getting 24. I'm number 2 in line. :)

3. CyberVike

CyberVike Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered at Best Buy. My "appointment" is tomorrow at noon. I'd be happier if they just sold me the phone and let me activate it myself but oh well.

4. merickson598

What do you mean "appointment"?

I thought if you pre-ordered you can just go stand in line before they open and get it then.

5. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on heading over later to see what if they'll let me pick it up today. It does kind of suck that most of the FedEx orders have been delivered today, but what can you do? Hopefully, BB will hook me up.

6. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Best Buy requires you to make an appointment, with idea of preventing a rush to the counter, ala Black Friday. They also seem to want to give you a tutorial on how to use the phone, which they say you should plan to be there for an hour.
    BS, I know. When you get the phone and receipt in hand, that's when you quote Cartman and say "Screw you guys... I'm going home."

7. merickson598

They didn't make me make an appointment... hmmm... maybe I should call them back.

8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

?!? The CSR at Best Buy never told me to make an appointment. All she said was that it will be here tomorrow anytime after 10am. Come on by and pick it up.

9. merickson598

Crisis averted. I called the store back and said that I was reading online that some people had to make appointments. The guy at the store said that if they get more than 10 pre-orders on a device they are required to make customers schedule appointments. However if it's less than 10, it is first come first serve. My store only had 5 pre-orders.

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I made an appointment - #1 on the list and I go in on my lunch break. So the black friday rush will have to step aside when Almighty James walks inside the big self opening doors with a ray of light hovering over me.

I only have a one hour lunch break and it will take me 20 to get there so I am going to tell them to activate it and bug off. Sit around for a tutorial? lol no thanks I can figure it out myself.

Also, I thought you WERE NOT supposed to use your phone before charging because it is bad for it? That will be my second excuse.

"This is how you move to the next screen and move a widget. Then you click here to go to the homepage and tilt it to make the keyboard go in landscape. It makes it a little easier to type and <THWAM>."

That was me punching him in the face and leaving.

11. ChaoticCelt

ChaoticCelt Member

My Best Buy just called me and said I could come pick mine up. I live in Upstate NY btw. Too bad I have to cancel that preorder as I got a better deal going through VW.com with the smart30 promo. Otherwise I wouldn't be waiting until tomorrow for mine.

12. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

You are totally screwing with him aren't you?

What is the store # I'd like to call.

13. merickson598

I had already assumed he was.

14. Colchicine

Same situation here!

15. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

16. Colchicine

I don't get it

17. merickson598

He's saying your statement is quite possibly a notch or two below being "the truth".

18. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

They told me, "No, it's not available until tomorrow. You're no more special than anyone else." I said, "Pssh, I was just asking. I pre-ordered off Verizon." And then I walked over and talked to his manager and left.

19. Stevo_Cali

Stevo_Cali Well-Known Member

The BBM Mgr. at each store decides how to handle events like this, as opposed to it being some official BB policy. Some stores want to set times for people to come in, so they can make sure those people and any other customers on the floor can all be taken care of, other managers don't really see it as an issue. :cool:

20. merickson598

Yeah, the dude I talked to said I could schedule an appointment if I wanted to but I didn't have to. I'll be there right at 10am when they open. They only had 5 pre-orders so even if I'm last in line I shouldn't have to wait too long.

21. nick77

nick77 Active Member

Just got off the phone with them a little while ago. I am picking mine up at 10 am. My Best Buy is scheduling cause I think they had like 15 pre-orders.

22. Wrathix

Wrathix Active Member

After I had already been there today where they said I could come right at open to pick up the phone anytime tomorrow they called me and said I had to come after one. I explained how I was already there today. They said their Verizon rep said only after one were the phones to be sold.... Odd

23. merickson598

Yeah, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The guy I talked to said they already had them in stock, just didn't have all of the accessories yet. He was hoping they would get more overnight. He said he would be there at 10am and could help me right then. I'd show up at 10am anyway.

24. Herp Salad

Herp Salad Active Member

Did I preorder mine from the only BB that still doesn't have these in?

What a load of crap.