Tried to upgrade my X10 to 2.3, whole phone completely screwed D: PLEASE HELPSupport

Last Updated:

1. bobolacupcsr

bobolacupcsr Member

ive had my sony ericsson x10 for about 2 months now and ive loved it apart from the fact its a bit laggy and has some unnecessary features. i discovered today that update 2.3 is out for it and it appears to fix all my issues.

i downloaded pc companion and started to upgrade it to 2.3. half way through the install onto the phone it came up with an error. i tried turning on my phone but it displays the "sony ericsson" logo for about 3 seconds then the bottom half of the screen goes yellow for 10 seconds and shuts off.
    i then tried connecting it to my pc which it does the same thing but keeps looping trying to turn itself on.

i cant call sony ericsson until its a weekday and virgin support are useless with the hardware. SOMEONE PLEASEEEE HELP! i cant live without my phone lol

2. Smokey_Barr

Smokey_Barr Well-Known Member

Take it into a virgin store or wherever you bought it from and see what they say.
  3. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Luckily for you some good developers took over where Sony Ericsson is failing.

You're going to Flash your software back on the phone using the FlashTool.

Find the right software (ROM) here:

Main: Xperia x10 ROM repository

and find the Flash Tool here:

[TOOL] [UPDATE 14/08/2011] Flashtool version - xda-developers

You'll need a Windows PC and since you already installed and used PC Companion the drivers should be on the computer.

Find a tutorial on how to do this, it's fairly simple.

Once you're back running 2.1, update with PC Companion to 2.3.3, so make sure the ROM you'll download is upgradeable to Gingerbread.

Good luck!
  4. rcnetto

rcnetto New Member

Hey all.

I got exactly the same problem described by bobolacupcsr. Through PC Companion I started to upgrade my X10i to 2.3. I got an error in the middle of the process and tried to turn the phone on but "it displays the 'sony ericsson' logo for about 3 seconds then the bottom half of the screen goes yellow (or green) for 10 seconds and shuts off".
    Trying to connect it to PC Companio, SEUS or PC Suite does not recognize the phone.
    Also, it keeps looping trying to turn itself on.

Flash Tool is not working once it asks me to turn debug mode on (I can't do that cause the phone does not turn on).

Any help?
    cresus likes this.
  5. rcnetto

rcnetto New Member

For those who got the same situation, I can say that there is hope. :) My phone came back to life after a new try with SEUS. Two things I did different this time: 1. I used the same computer where I tried to upgrade the first time (and it is not a virtualized machine); 2. Used a different data cable. I don't know if these things made the difference but in this situation, they worth a try. I'm now a X10 gingerbread user. :)

Empath likes this.
  6. Empath

Empath Well-Known Member

i also got a error during the pc suite update...making the bottom of the screen yellow when i switched on. then i rushed the flashing process and i ended up choosing the wrong option or file to flash which caused my screen to freeze on the sony ericsson intro. in the end seus solved it all :D

i couldnt turn the phone on or off when it was frozen, it would just show the sony ericsson intro and stay like that whilst the battery was in, when sues asked me to insert usb and hold back, i had to remove the battery then place it back it in because the fone couldnt be read while it was on the frozen screen

link for SEUS P1i - Update Service - Downloads - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson
  7. mushafaq

mushafaq New Member

x10 users only! [solved] i fixed this problem(sony ericsson logo for seconds and then half yellow screen and shuts off) after 10+ days of hardwork but succeeded! All u have to do is

1.install latest version of SEUS from Sony website or just google it
    2.after installing run it u dont have to choose the phone X10(X10)! INSTEAD CHOOSE THE NEXT PHONE XPERIA X10 (SO-01B) nd connect your phone following instructions on screen! nd BAAAm ur phone is unbricked!