Trimming Songs for Ringtones in Music App Not WorkingSupport

Last Updated:

1. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In the music app that came pre-installed, I keep using the trim song feature to create a ringtone, I hit apply, it confirms it's set, but then doesn't set the new ringtone -- I still have the default ringtone. I searched around for the trimmed version of the songs, and they're nowhere to be found either. I've tried it multiple times. I can only seem to set the entire song as a ringtone.

Any idea what gives? Or where on the internal storage or SD card it supposedly saves these trimmed versions so I can find them myself?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I know this doesn't solve your problem but have you ever thought about using third party apps? I personally use Ringdroid and LOVE it. It is simple to use and works very well. You must keep your songs that you want to trim as ringtones on your microSD card though since it cannot recognize the internal memory.

3. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool, thanks. I actually just downloaded that app, but haven't used it yet. Clearly I will be soon... haha. Since I already trimmed a few songs in the default app exactly how I wanted them, I was hoping to find out they're somewhere on my phone to save me the time of redoing them. Either way, yeah, I'll def check out the app you suggested for future ringtones.

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

For those, try browsing for directories similar to "media," as those trimmed versions might be in there, in which case all you would have to do is move it to the microSD card for Ringdroid to find it.