• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Tripod for Captivate?

braj

Android Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2010
Before anyone mocks me :) I am disabled and can't hold my phone for long periods easily, and just want something to be able to use to capture video mostly. I am not thinking about doing professional photo shoots with my cel phone :)

I would plan to just keep this handy in my car for any occasion that comes up. I figure a tripod for my phone will be the cheapest thing. A mount only would be fine but I kind of would like a mini-stand that all fits in a small bag. Any suggestion? I have a Body Glove case and would rather not have to remove the phone to use a tripod.

304e753bc1ef13fb086c8a5babb4143d.image.300x300.jpg

Mobile Phone Tripod [FU-084027]

I hope that helps

Reactions: braj
Upvote 0

This absolutely will not work. There are half a dozen vendors of this item on eBay and Amazon. I fell for it and discovered that the spring loaded retainer clamp doesn't open wide enough for the Captivate. I forced it in, but it was extremely difficult and it bent the plastic clamp out of shape. It is made for dumb phones and is marginal for an iPhone, which of course they all advertise will fit.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here is the tripod stand I made for my Captivate. Best of all it was $0 free.:D
I cut and bent a piece of metal I had laying around for the bracket. Then drilled a hole in bracket and glued in a nut I had laying around from another project to attach bracket to tripod. Added self adhesive backed foam weatherstripping for padding and so phone would not get scratched. Had a mini tripod that was given to me and I was not using because I have a full size tripod.

I could have made it look nicer but this was a quick test to see if it would work.

I think I spent more time thinking about how I was going to make it then I spent making it.

It holds the the phone so well I can turn it upside down a shake it and the phone will not fall out.

2011-01-03110315.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones