Tripped Walking = Cracked/Dis-colored ScreenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. portland88

portland88 New Member This Topic's Starter

I tripped walking down the street with my friends today beyond skinning and cutting up my arms and knee's and getting road rash the fall also took a nasty toll on my incredible. It cracked throughout the screen and it is slowly turning a greenish tint color around the cracks and throughout the screen. It is becoming completely un-usable. I got my original droid incredible back in may and I just received a like new replacement a week ago. I do NOT have insurance.

What are my options here? I have also invested over $170 into this phone through cases, extended battery and microSD card.

Advertisement
  2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. Glad you're ok. Sorry about your phone.

3. Droidmoney

Droidmoney Well-Known Member

sorry for yor fall....i guess you are just going to have to buy another one on craiglist/ebay..

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I believe HTC will repair it, for signifigantly less than a new one. Or you could order the parts and do it yourself (except for actually mounting the screen it's not that hard). Or find a look cell phone shop...alot of them will do repairs.

ADDENDUM: You can also go to the local VZW store, and whine like a 3 year old till they offer to sell you a Refurb phone for cheap.

5. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

My friend just dropped my phone and cracked the screen. I called HTC, by the awesome advice from the forums, they can replace it for just over 100 dollars which beats any other amount i've found.

I forgot the number at home, but call customer support from htc.com and they will transfer you.

6. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

you don't even have to whine. besides that's a 50/50 chance of getting someone really irritated and NOT wanting to help you, or just giving you *something* to shut you up- and usually it's not what you will want.

Having said that! This is why VZW introduced the Certified Pre-Owned program. To give options to customers who otherwise have no options...... Want a different phone, but not eligible for upgrade. Broken phone, but no insurance. Out of warranty.

7. smacky

smacky Banned

Well, I doubt you'll get an Incredible, new or used, for under $300. Probably more.

You can try fixing the screen, or have someone do it for you.