Triumph won't turn on out of the boxSupport

1. jpark13

jpark13 New Member

It won't charge or turn on at all fresh out of the box. I ordered it off of ebay so replacing it will be such a hassle...I was wondering what I should try before going through the trouble.
    Should I charge it through the computer or the wall charger? and for how long should I let it charge before deciding whether or not it works?
    Should I try jumpstarting it with a stripped usb cable?
    Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. ziggy46

ziggy46 Well-Known Member

was the battery pre-installed in the phone? if so remove the battery and try again.

if that doesnt work, then try charging it a lil. if still no response, get it replaced immediately. (so you can get a new one faster)

i dont recommend a "jump start", you may over load the battery and have the high acid liquid get in your eyes. resulting in blindness. lol :D (i just had to say it that way)
  3. step 1.remove the battery for a few minutes, and place it back in the phone.

step 2. leave it plugged into the OEM wall charger overnight. I bet you in the morning it will at least be 80% charged and can start.

if none of that works, get it replaced, at most youve only spent the 24 hours charging it, unless its been longer now.

when the battery is low, the triumph will refuse to make any indication of it turning on until its been sitting overnight charging. It's weird, but thats why I dont let mine go to completely empty anymore, except for once a month.