1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Trouble Blue tooth tethering

1. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

So this used to work to connect to the internet with my xoom using my OG droid in blue tooth mode. Now when I click to tether it says "connecting" then nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue or had the same issue and resolved it?

I've tried reinstalling the app and that did nothing. I've been able to connect my itouch via wifi tether with my droid. My computer can blue tooth with my droid. So it's definitely a xoom issue, just don't understand how it worked before, but now it does nothing. The only thing that has changed is I'm using a custom rom not sure if that's the issue..

Advertisement
  2. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

If that's the only thing that's changed then yea the ROM is probably your problem. Try using other bt functions with the ROM and see if they work, if not you may just have to go back to stock for bt tethering.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. melantus

Just clarify it's my droid not my xoom that's using the custom rom. All my other devices pick up my droid blue tooth signal.
  4. papermonkey01

Do you have full bt functionality on the X?
  5. melantus

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. They pair just fine its as soon i try tether it hangs for moment saying connecting but doesn't.
  6. yooperpj

yooperpj Member

Mine does the same thing. I tried so many different things including multiple Roms. I tried un-rooting and then rooting again. Nothing seems to work. I gave up trying. I'm upgrading phones as soon as the new ones start coming out. Hopefully the Thunderbolt or Bionic wont have this problem.
  7. papermonkey01

Ok...first rule of diagnostics/debugging...figgure out what's actually causing the problem. Have you tried other bt functions (i.e. pic sharing, headsets etc)? have you tried bt tethering your phone with a laptop? First figure out if it's the X you've used successfully, or the brand new Xoom which was released half done. (Flash, SD card, 4G and who knows what else)