1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble connecting to computer

Last Updated:

1. Woody619

Woody619 Member This Topic's Starter

I recently installed CM7 (05212011). The phone knows it is connected to a computer and gives the option to turn USB Mass Storage. My computer attempts to install the drivers, but says the Android Mobile Adapter does not install.

I have downloaded and installed the drivers from the .rar file that was provided in the walkthrough for installing the mod. I downloaded these files to my computer and not my phone (not sure if that could be an issue).

The computer DOES recognize the phone as a mass storage device, however. Does this mean it is connected properly?

I used QtAB to install apps at times on my computer and it is not recognizing it (obviously this could be a program issue than a phone/computer issue).

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

with cm6/7 you will have to pull down the notification bar and tap usb to put the phone in usb mode, it doesnt auto start like 2.1.

3. Woody619

Woody619 Member This Topic's Starter

I figured. It connects and everything is cool. Thanks for the help!

4. bbnfbchick

bbnfbchick Member

I'm having the same issue, but I'm a new HTC EVO user. Is there any way someone could be more specific in what to do? THANKS!

5. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

There may be a fix in the HTC EVO forum, this is the Huawei Ascend forum. Diffrent phone, what works here may not work for yours.