Trouble connecting to computer

1. Woody619

Woody619 Member

I recently installed CM7 (05212011). The phone knows it is connected to a computer and gives the option to turn USB Mass Storage. My computer attempts to install the drivers, but says the Android Mobile Adapter does not install.

I have downloaded and installed the drivers from the .rar file that was provided in the walkthrough for installing the mod. I downloaded these files to my computer and not my phone (not sure if that could be an issue).

The computer DOES recognize the phone as a mass storage device, however. Does this mean it is connected properly?

I used QtAB to install apps at times on my computer and it is not recognizing it (obviously this could be a program issue than a phone/computer issue).

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

with cm6/7 you will have to pull down the notification bar and tap usb to put the phone in usb mode, it doesnt auto start like 2.1.
  3. Woody619

Woody619 Member

I figured. It connects and everything is cool. Thanks for the help!
  4. bbnfbchick

bbnfbchick Member

I'm having the same issue, but I'm a new HTC EVO user. Is there any way someone could be more specific in what to do? THANKS!
  5. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

There may be a fix in the HTC EVO forum, this is the Huawei Ascend forum. Diffrent phone, what works here may not work for yours.