Trouble connecting to my home wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tyberg29

Tyberg29 Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a linksys router...full bars on my G1, protected with WPA. I put in the code, it accepts, and attempts to attain IP adress....unsuccessful every time. <_<
    Any ideas, guys? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Are you using any "security" other than WPA, such as MAC address filtering or anything that could be disallowing it?

3. STORM3333

STORM3333 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm i have netgear and never had a problem i hope you get it goin! Wish i had a suggestion.....i'm so simple i'd say something like uplug the power source with the wireless router, resetting it and trying it then. It works for me at times............with my notebook anyway. My android always has an internet connection in the pad. Good luck!

4. Graham

Graham Well-Known Member

What about DHCP on the router, sounds like that's not working.
    Can you send a printscreen of your IP setting on the machine that is working connected to the router?

5. freddyandroid

freddyandroid New Member

Ensure that your home wifi is not hidden. Android can only connect to visible wifi networks. It does not let you connect to hidden wifi even if you have the SSID and authentication keys.

JediSpice17 likes this.
  6. pfyon

pfyon New Member

Having the same problem.

I'm using a linksys wrt54gc with wpa2 personal (aes) encryption. My connection is not hidden (broadcasting ssid). My fiance has an identical phone which has a similar problem (haven't done enough testing yet with it myself). It'll sometimes be able to connect, then not be able to at other times.

The phone will see it, connect to it and get as far as obtaining an ip address before returning 'unsuccessful'.

I've tried both assigning the phone a static ip and letting dhcp handle it, neither works.

Anyone have some suggestions?