Trouble connecting with bluetooth headset

Last Updated:

1. tookule4skool

tookule4skool Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I own a nokia bh-900 and when I try connecting it to the g1 it doesn't even pick it up I've never had a problem with my old SE k800I, I've also tried using my room mates plantronics headset and it didn't pick that up either. Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Connected mine with a Nokia BH-803 and a SE HBH-PV712 without any issues.

I know this is probably teaching you to suck eggs but normally it's the basics that people forget. you have switched the G1 to discoverable before you try to set up the headset connection haven't you?

3. tookule4skool

Yah no luck =( and I know its not my particular g1 either because I used to have another g1 and it didn't pick it up either

4. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I had to tell my BT headset to initiate a new connection with a device before mine worked.

Not that my BT headset understands voice commands, but you know what I mean

5. tookule4skool

how would i go about doing that? i usually just turn mine on and have the phone do the search and voila it pops up but with the g1 its a no go.

6. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

Press and hold the power button of the headset, and adjust and hold the volume wheel up in about 10 seconds. The headset will beep twice and the indicator RED-BLUE-GREEN will flash for several seconds. Than your headset is clear of history of pairing.

I found that on google, seems this issue has plagued a lot of people with different phones, that seems like the common solution. good luck