Trouble deleting appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. rvham

rvham Member This Topic's Starter

VZ Droid, Android 2.2

Issue: Unable to delete apps. There are a number of apps on what I guess is my "desktop" (the screen that comes up when you select the 16 dot icon between the phone and browser at the bottom of the page that shows when you unlock.) I would like to delete some of these. I drag them to the trash can but nothing happens. They remain on the "desktop". If I open one of these through settings, applications, manage then there is an uninstall button but it is dimmed. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

First, are you rooted?

Second, can you provide screenshots?

Third, what are the apps that you are trying to uninstall/remove from home screen?

Kratos

3. rvham

Don't think I am rooted. Not sure what rooted is. Have stock Droid from VZ. Don't know how to get screen shots from Droid to this forum. The two apps I am trying to delete for starters is Facebook and Amazon MP3.
    Thanks for any help.

Joe

4. kratos

Rooting is basically the same as "jail breaking" an iPhone. Those two apps are system apps so they are not able to be uninstalled (unless you are rooted).

Kratos

rvham likes this.
  5. rvham

Thanks. That explains it. And, now I know what rooted means. I Binged it looking for the definition but only got responses related to plants:p. Need to change my default search to Google on this little netbook.

6. kratos