trouble downloading attachments from emailSupport

Last Updated:

1. gwenakinyi

gwenakinyi New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an .epub file sent to me via email, and I would like to download it to my SD card. I have tried opening it from my Mail account, I've tried manually navigating to gmail.com, logging into my email, and downloading it there, and I've tried sending it to and downloading the attachment from a separate, non-gmail email account. They all show the attachment, but none will let me download or open.

I DO have an .epub reader installed on my phone.

In Mail, I can't even click on the attachment. There are no options to open it, save it, nothing. Just a paperclip icon.

When I navigate to gmail.com and open the email, there is a clear link to the attachment, but when I click on it I have the options to open, open in new window, bookmark link, save link, share link, or copy link URL. Well it's not a link, it's an attachment, so these options aren't helpful. When I try "save link, " I get the error message "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." Which isn't true, because i have an .epub reader.

Any ideas how I can retrieve this file and get it on my phone?

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Try installing an app called "Save my Attach"

3. gwenakinyi

gwenakinyi New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, that's a step closer; I downloaded "Save my Attach" and now there is a "Preview" button by the attachment (which there wasn't before) but when I click on it I get the message "Sorry,the attachment could not be fetched."

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

For that problem, I have no solution.