Trouble downloading snes roms.

Last Updated:

1. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, im currently in the process of backing up all of my owned snes and genesis games on my motorola droid. So I go to a well known rom site that advertises itself as "free" with their "roms". And I have no problem downloading the genesis games and getting them to play. But whenever I go to legally back up an snes game and click download it directs to a page with a bunch of symbols and numbers as if dolphin is trying to open it through the browser. Keep in mind, this ONLY happens with the snes roms. Any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

You may try LINK REMOVED I have not had any problems using any of those ROMs.

3. DaygosDankest

See, this bugs me. Genesis works fine there as well. But the snes problem still exisits...it just directs me to a bunch of script.

4. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

I have to download the ROMs to the computer and then put them on the SD card. I haven't got it to work off the phone's browser either...

5. DaygosDankest

Update/fix

Ok, instead of directly pressing download I long clicked, selected link then clicked save. I did this for both sites. They both downloaded as text. The site I mentioned's download was a .7z file and yours was a .smc . Then I went into astro and changed their file types respectively, after doing so the .smc file worked, so thank you. However the .7z file did not.

It is still somewhat puzzling why the droid would download the genisis games fine, but I had to go through this process for the snes. And why it doesn't happen with you. Maybe someone more intelligable on the board can give me an answer?

Bump

6. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

If you can't unzip the file off your phone you need to do it from your computer. Most of the SNES ROMs have multiple versions in the file so you have to unzip it and pull out the one you want.