Trouble finding the correct screen protecter for European Tab 2 7.0Tips

1. coolertech

coolertech New Member

Hi Everyone, I've recently purchased a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

I live in the UK and i'm having a hard time trying to find the correct screen protector to fit it.

I've purchased a few matte protectors from ebay, amazon and play and "All" of them have a cut out for a speaker at the top of the screen.

The UK models do not have this speaker so it looks rubbish when I apply a protector that has one, I've tried to live with it but it picks up dust and I ended up taking it off.

I've spent about

Advertisement
  2. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Maybe get one made for the 10" and cut it down?

My screen protector has cut outs for a speaker and the front facing camera but I don't notice a dust problem (and it's white). But I store mine in a pouch. I've had mine almost five months now.
  3. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

This is what I bought:

Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (3-pack): Computers & Accessories

There is a review from May '12 wherein a person says he got the version with the speaker hole, but when I ordered this in October, it only had the two small holes for the ambient light sensor, and the front facing camera.

The item packaging shows the tab with a front speaker, but mine had a sticker on it that said "for samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0".

Apparently they're using old packaging of the Galaxy Tab 7.0 (not the tab 2) screen protectors, which had the speaker in front.

What I got was probably the best screen protector I've ever used. I don't like matte finishes, so it was very reflective, but I have zero bubbles and a perfect fit.
  4. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Mine was made by Fosmon. I didn't notice it was a matte finish when I ordered it but I really like it. The cut outs are pretty small, basically a slit and a notch but I guess everyone has a different level of tolerance. If it was cut any more precisely I probably would have had a devil of a time lining it up properly. It's _almost_ bubble free. :D
  5. coolertech

coolertech New Member

Hi Everyone thanks for your replies

OK I've managed to find an ebay seller that supplies the ones without the speaker cut out.

All the ebay sellers that I've searched for show the pictures that have the speaker cut out, I contacted about 12 sellers, and only 2 tell me that they are without the cut out, so I've gone and ordered a set of 3 going off their reply, so once they come I will let anyone know the sellers name if they are also looking for them :)

Cheers again

Pete