Trouble getting album art to show up?Tips

Last Updated:

1. redenfield

redenfield Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just downloaded iSyncr app from the market. Syncs your iTunes with any android device INCLUDING album art. I tried DoubleTwist, Media Monkey, and drag and drop with no luck. This app was $2.99 and I would have gladly paid twice that. Give it a try...

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Well, I am new to android, but not to music and mp3s. There are two ways that album art is stored to mp3s (well three ways if you count itunes). The first, the actual jpg for the art is embedded in each mp3. This does add file size to each mp3 if you use a high quality art file. But the advantage is any program will be able to read it. Another way is what windows media player uses. The album art is stored in the actual folder that your album is in, so for example, you have a folder called The Gaslight Anthem, and inside that you have a folder for the album The 59 Sound. The jpg is stored in the album folder, and the program will read that when playing any song from that album. The downside to that is if you move the mp3's, but not the jpg, you will lose the art. The third is itunes. Itunes "associates" a jpg with the mp3. Similar to embedding the jpg, but doesnt add the file size. So your itunes can be perfect, and have art for each mp3, but if you move the files out of itunes, you wont see the art.

I transferred files with embedded art to my evo, and they showed up, so i would recommend that. There are programs that will help you take the assiciated art from itunes and embed it into the file.

3. backdoc7

backdoc7 Member

Some how most of my music mp3's seem to have one particular album cover associated with them, even though it's the wrong album art. is there a program or way to have my mp3's "scanned" and the corrected album art be embedded into the files? For instance, do i need to (on my PC), import all my mp3's into itunes or another music player and have it find album art for those, then reload them onto the phone? thanks of any help..

btw, fyi, the album cover that is on almost every "single" mp3 is bevis and butthead.. not even sure what album cover that is.. but it was funny at first now getting annoying!.. thanks.

4. backdoc7

backdoc7 Member

I think the reason the songs that are singles, and not albums in my music folder are all showing up with the same album art is because i have a folder called "mp3 singles" and that album art must be in that folder somewhere..
    is there a way to have album art associated with single mp3's or do they all have to have their own folder? thanks.

5. backdoc7

backdoc7 Member

bump..

6. droalex

droalex Active Member

On Itunes if you do Song>Get Info>Add Album Art. It should add it to the file.

7. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

get the app isyncr it syncs all music and all album art work correctly. works better than any other music sync/album art sync iv used.

8. backdoc7

backdoc7 Member

thanks for the help.. i try them.

9. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Album art grabber works perfect its in the app store...

10. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i wanted to ask about this. it has gotten great reviews on the market, but i wanted to make sure i knew as much as possible about it before i bought it.

do you have to have any special setups with the songs for it to work? like, the song has to have the album title listed in the details of the file? or can you just have a song & artist, and album art grabber will find the album art using just that info?

thanks!

11. Grrman

Grrman Active Member

I don't know anything about album art grabber, but I've used MP3 Cover fetcher to find album art with very little tag info. The app is free and works well.

12. Chronos2187

Chronos2187 New Member

I use TuneUp to get my album art into Itunes. It analyzes each mp3 and I have yet to have it not find album art for anything, including ripped audiobook cd's.

13. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Just the opposite for me - I wanted to rid the EVO of all album art and went through several ID3 programs on my PC to strip the mp3 files prior to dropping them into the EVO. The freakin' art just keep comming back and I kept pulling the files out, stripping them and dropping them back. I finally figured out the EVO had a file on the SD card specifically for album art (how and why?). I dumped the file and goodby album art.

14. Wrxdrunkie

Wrxdrunkie Well-Known Member

Had all album art, hard reset evo for something else, now no album art, if I look at the album in Astro file manager I can see the album art.

I still see the album art for some of my music.