Trouble getting Tattoo to work with my car bluetooth - do I have to root?

Last Updated:

1. OM2

OM2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've read a few posts about the amazing deficiencies of Tattoo's bluetooth connections

I've got a built in car bluetooth kit - I forget the name, but it's one of the more expensive ones that comes built in with company cars

My Tattoo refuses to pair and connect :(

Before I give up, I wanted to know if I 'root', will this help?
    I say 'root', I know what it's about, but haven't looked into what is needed to do it and how easy it is and what disadvantages, if any it has

Any replies about this would be great

I can't do without the bluetooth usage on my car, if I can't get working, then I'll just have to sell - which I don't want to...!

Thanks

OM

Advertisement
  2. domb

domb Active Member

there might be something that you have to do first on your in-car bluetooth before trying to pair with your bluetooth phone. It would be good if you was able to tell me the name of your car bluetooth.

3. OM2

thanks for the reply
    the system is a thbbury one
    there is nothing else i need to do - i've been able to pair many other phones to it
    u just pair it and connect

please let me know if there' *anything* i can do
    i'll keep the tattoo and suffer everything else - but this one thing, i cant cope with!

4. domb

domb Active Member

if your able to get into the settings of the device you might be able to remove some phones from your in car kit device. because your in car device may only let you connect so many devices. I have got a head set that connects to my tattoo and first of all i had to hold the button for 10 seconds until a light came on constant and then active my bluetooth and search for devices then i connected to my headset, i dont know if you device is similar.

5. OM2

i'm 99.9% sure i don't have to do that
    i just think it's that damn phone that's at fault!

6. domb

domb Active Member

it could be. have you got the manual for you in car kit. Because i know there is a compatibility list and htc tattoo might not be compatible. Sorry i couldnt help you on this.