Trouble logging in to Android Market on HeroSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my HTC Hero yesterday and I'm extremely happy with it but I am unable to log into Android Market. When signing in to my Google account I get an error message that says something along the lines of "Cannot establish a reliable connection with server. There is a temporary error or your sin card is not provisioned for data services"

Has anyone else had this? Or know how to fix it?

Many thanks,

Tye

Advertisement
  2. -Jester-

-Jester- Member

Hello,

I trust you have spoken to your provider to ensure that your SIM card can indeed carry data.

Have you tryed to connect using a WiFi connection instead. If you can connect via WiFi, I would say that there is an issue with your SIM card/Account with your provider.

:)

3. Tye

Hello Jester,

I am uncertain as to what "Carry data" means, I am in the process of porting my old number over from Orange to T-Mobile, do you think that during this time my sim card may not be able to carry data?

I have tried using my home WiFi and tried without being connected to WiFi.

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

What Jester was referring to was to make sure your SIM was Capable .. Some Older SIMs arent capable of being set to stored the Code for Authorizing and account that is enabled with a Data Plan ...

The SIM does NOT carry the data... just needs to be accessible my the carrier to match the Carriers setting with the phone for verification ...

You can call customer service to have them check your account and verifiy your phones SIM ... they will have you power the phone off and on a couple of times... (this is usually done by the service department ... and not the first level of support you reach when you call)

5. simoran2

simoran2 New Member

i had the same problem - exactly the same message.

its becuase i skipped the android market registration when i first booted it up. i did a hard reset and then went through the whole tutorial when i first turned the phone one. let mw know if this resolves the issue - it worked for me

6. Tye

Yep the hard reset fixed the problem. I've now got access ti the whole shibang =)

7. Tye

Yep the hard reset fixed the problem. I've now got access to the whole shibang =)

8. gaptrast

gaptrast Member

Lucky you.
    It did not work on my partner's phone so she had to return it to the seller. Cost a bomb. Hopefully she'll get it back with a working Market portal.

9. Marv

Marv New Member

Hi Guys.

Great info as I'm having the same problem. Is there any alternative to hard resetting? I'm new to smartphones and I'm wary of losing all the data and contacts I've copied to the phone? Silly question but will I lose contacts, photos etc if I hard reset?:confused:

Thanks,

Marv

10. daveparki

daveparki New Member

Hi all, i wrk in the orange data tech support, it is a common problem, if you do not sign up or log in during the initial start-up for a google mail account it will not let you access the market, you will need to hard reset, so you can get the option again, and register an account with google, your sim will always be setup to send and receive data, regards

11. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You sure that's always the case? I was definitely able to create a Google account, go to the Market and log-in after skipping the process at initial start-up.

/Al

12. zbrinski

zbrinski Member

I am having the same problem but with a little difference, I didn't skip the initial registration, all was going well with google account and Market, until last night when I turned off and then on my phone. When it was booting, it showed an error about some process that didn't start and asked to force close, so i did it. When I finally managed to turn the phone on again, my google account registration was gone, it got erased. Now it doesn't let me sign in again, it says "Cannot establish a reliable connection with server".
    I guess a hard reset could solve the problem, but I think I'm going to wait for next firmware update, they're saying around, that it could be this week.

Regards

13. TheDood

TheDood Member

I am having the same problem but i tried the hard reset and it still did not fix my problem. I have the hero for sprint so it cant be a SIM card problem. I was able to connect to my google account through youtube signup, but i still cannot connect to the marketplace. i get the message "Server unavailable. Please try again later" any ideas?

14. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Don't know if you realised this thread was over 15 months old! You will probably not have the same problem (although the same symptoms), because the Sprint phone is not the same model (although the same name) as the SIM Hero the rest of the world uses. Suggest you try posting a new thread in the dedicated Sprint Hero forum rather than here as you are more likely to get an answer there.

15. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Your problem sounds a bit different to the one described here, you need the Sprint Hero section :)

--> Sprint Hero - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums :)