Trouble mounting internal phone storage and sd storageSupport

Last Updated:

1. shleppy

shleppy Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason my Incredible won't mount both the internal phone storage and the SD card storage at the same time. What I mean is...when I plug my phone into my PC I only get a single popup asking to mount the phone's SD card storage, but not the internal phone storage.

If I remove the SD card (or unmount the SD card using menus on the phone) and then toggle the connection type from Disk Drive, to Charge only, and then back to Disk Drive (to burp the connection), the internal phone storage will mount, but the SD card won't mount because it has been removed.

When I connect my wife's incredible, my computer sees both the SD card storage and the internal storage (as expected) and gives me prompts for both.

I took the SD card from the problematic phone and put it in the "good" phone and there are no issues at all (IE.. both the internal storage and SD storage mount). This of course means there is no issue with the SD card.

Any clue why one one of my phones has problems with connecting both drives?

Advertisement
  2. shleppy

shleppy Member This Topic's Starter

FYI...the default connection type on both phones is always set to "Disk Drive" :)