Trouble playing games on Wildfire SSupport

Last Updated: 2011-11-28 02:47:06
  1. luftwaffeSHA

luftwaffeSHA New Member

Recently I have trouble playing games on my HTC Wildfire S. There is a bit of lag or gets stuck every 5-6 seconds for a second or so. Before there wasnt any niggle, games were running rather smooth. I play PES 12, Lane Splitter, Angry Birds etc.. Please help..

Advertisement
  2. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member

May be you are running low on "internal memory" of your phone.
  3. sisu

sisu Well-Known Member

Based on reviews I have been watching and reading, Angry Birds works fine the first levels, but at higher levels it starts lagging and chopping.
    I don't think this phone is ever going to be good for much gaming, mainly due to the low memory and slow processor.

But like Harris Harris said, it's most likely the memory. If the saved data from the games and other applications are stored in the internal memory, there is less and less available memory left. I have seen threads where they explained how to not only move applications to the sd card, but also tweak other settings, for example for the contact list, so they don't bloat the internal memory.
    I don't have the phone yet, so I don't know hand-on how do all the tweaking though
  4. luftwaffeSHA

luftwaffeSHA New Member

Thanks for the response. I have about 70 mb internal memory free and I always make sure I have 200+ RAM free as well before I load the games.. So I dont think.its about memory..
    What baffles me is that before, every game ran pretty awesome without any glitch, even the high data/graphics PES 12. I factory reset my phone, but still the chopping and lagging still remains..
  5. sisu

sisu Well-Known Member

Yeah, doesn't sound like a memory issue. Well, I am not an expert, but just wondering... if it's not the memory, maybe the cpu is busy? maybe u installed or activated some app or service that hogs the cpu, updating contact lists or what not.
    But after complete factory reset, still bad, maybe hardware issue. Maybe you need to get the phone replaced under warranty.
  6. primetech

primetech Well-Known Member

What they said. Something like Startup Auditor can't hurt much. Something like Autostarts could actually do you some good, if you're rooted. Unfortunately I've discovered Gingerbread loves to manage its own apps without your **** help, and even your average task killer us rendered useless against it
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

That's because Android is much better at managing its own tasks than a 3rd party task killer. Since 2.1, Task Killers have actually had a negative impact on the way Android is supposed to work and can do more harm than good.