Trouble removing the back cover

Last Updated:

1. StyxCoverBnd

StyxCoverBnd Member This Topic's Starter

Just got a Sprint HTC Hero and also got a bigger microSD card. How do you take off the back cover to install the sd card? The HTC site just says to hold the phone face down and to press "up" with thumb or finger (which I assume Up means to slide towards the top?). I tried that many times and no dice. Any suggestions/tips on doing this? Thanks for the assistance and sorry for my stupidity on this

*I did run a few searches on this and there were no videos and the hit I received for this site was the DIY disassembly thread but it didn't have any info

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

hold it, screen down in the palm of your hand (don't worry about fingerprints). Use the palm of your other hand to push the back cover up, away from the USB port. It'll go up like a quarter inch, and then you'll be able to pull it right off

3. StyxCoverBnd

StyxCoverBnd Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome, thank you very much. Using just my just my fingers I definitely wasn't putting enough strength into it. I feel quite stupid not being able to do it the first time around

4. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Nah, don't be feeling, it's pretty tight and all of us I'm sure treated the phone a little gingerly first time out. Until you get it off the first time you really don't know how much pressure is ok. Lol...

:cool: