• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble removing the back cover

StyxCoverBnd

Feb 11, 2010
Just got a Sprint HTC Hero and also got a bigger microSD card. How do you take off the back cover to install the sd card? The HTC site just says to hold the phone face down and to press "up" with thumb or finger (which I assume Up means to slide towards the top?). I tried that many times and no dice. Any suggestions/tips on doing this? Thanks for the assistance and sorry for my stupidity on this

*I did run a few searches on this and there were no videos and the hit I received for this site was the DIY disassembly thread but it didn't have any info

hold it, screen down in the palm of your hand (don't worry about fingerprints). Use the palm of your other hand to push the back cover up, away from the USB port. It'll go up like a quarter inch, and then you'll be able to pull it right off

Awesome, thank you very much. Using just my just my fingers I definitely wasn't putting enough strength into it. I feel quite stupid not being able to do it the first time around

Upvote 0
Awesome, thank you very much. Using just my just my fingers I definitely wasn't putting enough strength into it. I feel quite stupid not being able to do it the first time around

Nah, don't be feeling, it's pretty tight and all of us I'm sure treated the phone a little gingerly first time out. Until you get it off the first time you really don't know how much pressure is ok. Lol...

:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones