trouble rooting with ics leak

Last Updated:

1. basoodler

basoodler Well-Known Member

I have dowloaded new drivers from moto and tried running the razr root posted yesterday. I keep getting ABD is not recognized as an external or internal command.

usb debugging and unknown sources are on

and I am in mtp mode

am I missing something?

Advertisement
  2. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

which file are you clicking on? clicking on the "adb" application did nothing for me, I had to open the "run" windows batch file.
  3. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

you did unzip it?
  4. basoodler

I had to run as administrator :/ i never use windows anymore and forgot about that.

Safestrap for the leak didnt go over well. It booted into a never ending blank screen when I enabled the safe side.
  5. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

6. basoodler

It worked after I bricked 3 times (safe strap). The only thing I can figure is the root isn't consistant?
  7. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

Weird i had no problems using safestrap.
    Only problem i had was upgrading from 2231 to 2233.
    I used pathsaver, but my phone wouldn't boot .902 or .905, i had to do all the updates in succession in recovery to 2233.
  8. basoodler

Weird.. I fxz'd 3 times to 902 with no issues.

Cm9 is running great on the 1st leak, so I haven't bothered installing the 2nd leak.

Its a whole lot better than gb.

I've noticed that 100% brightness may be too much after installing the ics leak.
  9. taylorrandalls

taylorrandalls New Member

I am also running into an issue rooting my Bionic. I flash ICS from .905 via stock recovery and it works great; however, upon unzipping the razr file onto my computer, I tried running the run.bat file and it just stays on "waiting for device"...

I installed the motorolla driver software and it says it's up-to-date, but am I doing something wrong? One interesting thing now is that my bionic always says "USB Device Not Recognized" when I hook it up to my PC. It didn't say this prior to ICS. I know that ICS doesn't work the same, but shouldn't it still connect to the PC?
  10. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

The latest drivers for moto is 5.7. Are you sure you have that installed? Like what others have said, make sure you have USB Debugging and it's on MTP mode.