• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble rooting

gargoyle725

Apr 14, 2011
fl
I cant seem to root my optimus s. I have tried gingerbreak and z4root neither worked. Here is a pic of my phone info. Please help.
avytajub.jpg

Proud member of peta. People eating tasty animals

Looks like you have the ZVJ update. Per these instructions you have to downgrade to ZVD first.

What if I have ZVJ?
If you've accepted the new ZVJ update (released around April 2012), it's possible to root it by "downgrading" to stock ZVD (using the instructions in the Appendix below) and then rooting using the guide below. At that point you can install a custom ZVD ROM. Or you can use the instructions here to get a rooted ZVJ. As of late May 2013, there is one very good ZVJ-based custom ROM available called DanteROM. It's what I use and I recommend it over any of the ZVD ROMs if you need a rock-solid, bug-free ROM. There are some ZVJ-ZVD patches that enable you to run ZVD ROMs on a ZVJ phone-- including the very cool (though buggy) ICS ROMs. But the support for patched phones is weaker so if you're intent on installing ICS, then stick with ZVD.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-s-...ep-step-rooting-flashing-guide-optimus-s.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones