Trouble rotating from landscape to portraitSupport

Last Updated:

1. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I hope someone can help with this.

My Evo seems to have a very strong preference for landscape view. Any time I am not holding the phone completely straight up it drops to landscape. Then even if I do push it back straight up it doesn't wanna go back to portrait view.

Has anyone else experienced this and are there any tricks to get rid of the problem?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. evofan1

evofan1 Member

My EVO wouldn't auto-rotate to landscape mode starting about the same time you posted your question. I had to manually switch to landscape mode in the Internet settings. I even rebooted EVO and no luck.

3. MarkWF1

MarkWF1 Member

Getting mine to go to landscape is always a chore.. Have to shake it and exagerate the movement to get it to flip.. Will finally flip over but getting there again is always a chore.. Seems to like the straight up and down keyboard better then the bigger landscape mode that I like. ;(

4. Federer

Federer Well-Known Member

Mine gets stuck in landscape so much that I have to hit the home button to get it turn back around. I also have light leakage and the glass on the bottom right has some flex to it.

5. Federer

Federer Well-Known Member

I think I am going to exchange it

6. VSCHEETAZ

VSCHEETAZ Member

Its also a pain to get my phone out of landscape mode.. Very frustrating. Hopefully it'll fix itself...or else.

7. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine is slightly better now. If I hold it up and give it a little wiggle, rotating on the plane of the screen, it seems to get back into landscape (which is an improvement over how it was before). At this point it's merely annoying, but if it continues (or gets worse), I'm gonna need to do something about it.

8. Justin Fletcher

Justin Fletcher Member

I find that keeping the phone perpendicular to the ground when flipping makes it register faster. I can then lean it back into a viewable angle without it switching back.

9. imwillzillla

imwillzillla Member

Hey guys I don't know if you found your solution to your problem but it isn't a problem at all! Make sure you calibrate your phone with it laying FLAT ON A TABLE. Do not hold it vertical! Just lay it on a table, tap the calibrate button and it'll fix the problem. I was looking to trade in my Evo too until I did that and fixed it. Your Evo is still Boss, You just have to calibrate it properly!