trouble sending/receiving mms!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Member This Topic's Starter

ok... for some reason i am having trouble downloading and/or sending mms messages. some of the messages that get sent to me go through fine, but others will say "downloading" for hours until i delete the message and ask the sender to re-send the message and then it will usually work. but last night i noticed i was trying to send a pic message and it just would not go through. I tried installing the "handcent app" and resending the message still with no luck. Is there anyone out there that has had this problem and found a fix.

Also, i noticed sometimes when i go into areas that have no service a message shows at the bottom of the screen that says "currently unable to download" but when i got into areas that do have service and/or wifi the message doesn't go away until i restart the phone!!!

thanks for any and all help...

Advertisement
  2. George0211

George0211 Well-Known Member

Are you on Edge by any chance or on 3G? And did you upgrade the phone to JH7 firmware?

3. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Member This Topic's Starter

What is EDGE? I know i am in 3G coverage area when still having the mms issue, but never looked specifically when the message "unable to download" appears. That is probably the issue for that message.

Under firmware version it says "2.1-update1" not sue about the JH7 thing.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member