Trouble Sending Text to EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to send a text to my email address to get my phone's exact address so I can send stuff from my email to my phone but no matter what email account I send it to, it never gets there at all. Is there something I need to set up so I can do this?

Or does anyone know what the address would be for a Sprint user? I seen some on the web and tried it using my info but it did not work. Always came back saying invalid address.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

i dont think you can send a text to an email address. if you want to send stuff to your phone, just send an email to your gmail account, and open the attachment on the phone. or just plug in the usb cable and send the file to the sd card.

3. Barats

Well not so much a text but on my old phone i could send pics from my phone to my email and vice versa. So i could see my address of my phone and email pics and they would come to my text inbox

4. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I also want to know how to do this. How do you forward texts on the EVO?

5. Barats

Forgot I made this thread. I figured it out. Sitlet is right. You can not send a regular SMS text to an email. It will never get there. But if you attach a pic and make it a MMS message, it will get there. This is how I got my address for my phone in case I want to send stuff directly to my inbox.

But also found the same address in my Sprint account online.

6. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

You can send a text to your email. Just hold the text and a window will pop up. Then forward to your email. Not sure if you can send from your email to your phone?