trouble setting everything to silent for a school class

Last Updated:

1. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This might be kind of ridiculous but, imr having ALOT of trouble setting all my sounds and stuff to silent while i sit in class. Could anyone do a quick layout of what my setting need to be for it to be silent?

~i tried silent mode but for some reason my phone still went off , though i may have done something wrong

also does airplane mode kill incoming calls and texts and notifications?if so, could this be interpreted as a "silent mode" quick fix?

Advertisement
  2. jmxp69

jmxp69 Well-Known Member

Get Audiomanager in the market. Build a profile for silent, press one button--done.

I had the same issue going to bed when I got my first Android. I'd turn off text, but not phone, or turn off phone, but not system....it was always something. Audiomanager is a big help and the pay version is only a dollar or two. The pay version lets you put profile widgets on the desktop. Literally, one press and done.

Good luck,

J

3. as329

as329 Well-Known Member

I use a curvefish widget from the market that works well too. Silentmode or something, I'll look in a sec...

*just checked, it is SilentMode OnOff...I hate sounds coming from my phone, never heard this thing ring yet.

4. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

I agree with jmxp69.

AudioManager Is the best bet for keeping track of your device's audio options.

I did notice that when going total SILENT, even on a profile widget, if the MEDIA volume isn't off, some games and sounds are not fully silenced. So make sure the MEDIA is off when your wanting full silent.

5. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

that app is fantastic and exactly what i was looking for, thanks for the quick help!

6. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Does holding the "volume button down" button not silence everything when it switches the phone to vibrate?

7. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

My thoughts as well. I figured if ringer volume was set to vibrate, it would make all notifications vibrate. If not, I've got to figure out a new way as well.

8. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

You'd think it would. I thought it would. But unfortunately, it doesn't. AudioManager is your best bet to keep an eye on your setting in a Widget to make sure they are all set to your liking.