Trouble Transferring ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. bretwalters13

bretwalters13 Member This Topic's Starter

First of all I read through the other WM to Hero contacts threads and still couldnt find my answer. And for the record I LOVE MY HERO. I dont know why anyone is bitching about it being slow...mine is fast as hell. But maybe I'm just not picky.

Problem: I have a Touch Diamond that I want to get my contacts from and put them on my Hero. Problem is I dont have a Outlook backup of the contacts or anything. So when I attach my Diamond to my laptop to sync my contacts via Windows Mobile Device Center, when I go to check the box to back up my contacts it wont allow me too. Is this because the phone is no longer activated? Ugh its very frustrating. Is there anyway I can get the contacts off my UNACTIVATED Diamond and over to my Activated Hero? Right now I'm contemplating doing it by hand.....200+ contacts is going to take FOR-EV-ER. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. mr.menendez

mr.menendez Active Member

when you plug the phone to laptop, are you able to go into your phone using "my computer" on C: ? Then maybe you can explore inside the phones files and possibly copy over the contact list to your hard drive. i know i was able to do this with my palm treo.

3. bretwalters13

bretwalters13 Member This Topic's Starter

Yes i am able to access the phone like that. I found the PIM.VOL which is all my contacts...but I'm not sure what to do with it? I'm fairly sure the hero won't read the pim.vol. Ugh! This is frustrating lol

4. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

If you bluetooth your Hero to your computer, there will be an option called "My PIM item transfer" and "My PIM Sync"

follow this link to see a screen shot
    http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/11981-bluetoothd-my-laptop.html