Trouble unrooting and getting stock recovery

Last Updated:

1. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys, to, with the 2.2 OTA coming I decidied I would go back to the stock recovery and accept the OTA, well I was able to flash in HBOOT to get back to eveyrthing stock, it now says hboot .77, and the right radio, but when I reboot, it just boot loops, and wont load up, so I hboot and put clockwork back on since I have S-OFF, and tryed loading a nandroid and the same thing, can anyone please help me!!

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

I would try doing a complete "unroot" again. What procedure did you follow specifically? Sounds like you may have missed a step somewhere.

ACD168 likes this.
  3. ACD168

4. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

ACD168 likes this.
  5. ACD168

Thanks a lot bro, I am trying the one with the updated radio, I really appreciate your quick response and am running it now will update in a few minutes.

6. ACD168

If I could thank you 100 times I would, your a gentlemen and a scholar, I don't know what the heck is up with this thing, but I did s-on, tos-off, back to s-on to s-off, install clockwork recovery delete this then it loaded!, with stock recovery and s-off, and I went to check to see if it was stock recovery which it was, and then it wouldnt boot again!!!, then I tried every which was I was ready to give up , and its back to .77 hboot, stock radio, stock recovery, s-off, and waiting for 2.2! jeez

7. ACD168

I'm afraid to check to see that s-off is still there!

I do have one question though if anyone can help me out here,

I noticed that I couldn't get S-ON and have the stock recovery, I was ready to take the phone to Verizon tmrw, but I could either have clockwork recovery installed or S-OFF, and idk which one would have been better I bet someone would have found either one considering the phone wouldnt boot...

but when i set it to S-ON, and then I tried to flash the PB file I have, it would say that the main version is older blah blah, but then with s-off, it flashed fine giving me the stock recovery I have now, so how would I go about having s-on with the stock recovery since I couldnt get that file to flash to get the stock recovery back, can anyone help me please?