Trouble with adding music in folders

Last Updated:

1. Raadius

Raadius Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anybody show me how to make (correct) music folders for my Evo? I made a folder called 'Drake' within my Music folder on my SD card, and when you go to the music app and than the library, both his albums show up (So Far Gone and Thank Me Later) that I've created. I made a folder for 'Kanye West', I made two folders for his album (Good Ass Job and Late Registration) but the album folders aren't showing, just the .mp3 inside.

What happen to my folders? Did I do something wrong? I did everything for 'Kanye West' folder the same thing for Drake, but only the Drake folder and the content within it are showing up properly.

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

make sure the songs have the information about what album it is....if you go on your computer and right click the songs and click properties make sure each song has the album name you want it as

3. Raadius

I tried the areas are grayed out on my PC. I'm running XP SP3.

4. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

when you click properties make sure the read-only box is not checked

5. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

The media player doesn't really look at the folder structure, it only looks at the ID tags in the individual media files, so you have to set up the artist/album there. You could organize your files any old way and it wouldn't matter.

I downloaded MP3TAG on my computer to make sure all was set up properly. It works great.

Raadius likes this.
  6. Raadius

Its not check.

7. Raadius

Can you explain this a lil more? I use iTunes to do all my tags and art cover but it's not working properly. I'm using MP3TAG now and I'm still lose, and the 'Kanye West' folder is still not showing up, but the .mp3 are showing up. Im just trying to put all the music of an artist into its very own folder.

8. Raadius

Wait, I think I got it. It's showing up properly now. Just had to keep fiddling with the title name and tags.

9. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

How did you get this album? :eek:

10. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I store my music in artist/album folders too, I just don't think that the player on the phone cares what folders the mp3s are in. I think it only looks at the ID3 tag info in each individual mp3 file.

I've read that Itunes doesn't store this info in each mp3 file, but instead stores it in Itunes specific files, so for the phone to properly show the artist/album, I used the mp3tag program. I selected each artist/album folder on my hard drive, selected all mp3 files in the folder, and set up the proper artist/album. Then I copied all the files over to the phone's SD card.

I also used mp3tag to set up the cover art for each mp3 file the same way. I did have a lot of trouble getting the phone to display all the cover art. It would only seem to find a few albums at a time. I had to play with it a lot to get it to work. Sometimes I would rename a folder (changed the name to something similar) to get the media player to rescan and pick up the art. It was very frustrating.