trouble with home page

Last Updated:

1. RyanB

RyanB Guest This Topic's Starter

Every time I open up my browser, it opens a new window with Google, over the one I had precious been viewing. I'm running Home++ with 2.0.1. Is there an option I can toggle to change this feature back, so the browser will simply pick up where it left off, and not opening a new window?

Advertisement
  2. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Are you pressing the back button to exit completely out of the stock browser? If so, that is why you're resetting back to your home screen. While browsing a page, just click on the home button to get back home, and when you go back to the Internet, the same page you were browsing prior should still be up.

3. RyanB

it happens no matter how I choose to exit the browser, be it the back button or home button

4. RyanB

in case anyone was curious, it turned out to be Home ++, as I think it was the way the app's browser icon located in the power bar at the bottom of the screen. I removed the app entirely, and now the problem's gone entirely.

5. radioz

radioz Active Member

Yes, that behavior is a bug in Home++ if you press the bowser icon at the bottom of the screen. It opens a new home page rather than just 'returning to' the existing browser page.

My solution is to just use the home page icon to re-open the browser. No big deal.

I think that Home++ should behave the same way.

6. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Well, now it makes sense! I didn't know you were using Home++'s browser icon to launch the browser. :D

7. GreedyBird

GreedyBird Well-Known Member

It appears that the same thing happens with GDE using dolphin as well