Trouble With Landscape ModeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I turn my Incredible phone sideways it doesn't go into landscape mode. I have to tap my finger on the back of the phone then it switches to landscape, then I turn the phone right side up and it won't go back unless I touch the home button then start the program again. Sometimes when I turn the phone sideways it automatically switches to landscape mode but not very often. It does this on gmail, messages, and the web browser. I do have the orientation box checked in the settings. Appreciate any help
    Doug

Advertisement
  2. bowerman

bowerman Guest

1.Try a battery pull.
    2. Try calibrating the phone (called gforce or something?)
    3. try a factory reset.
    4. return to verizon

sorry my answers are not very detailed, but i dont have the phone yet! Just remembering from my eris days!

3. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Hey, nice name. Anyway, is should go into landscape mode for bite email and browser but not necessarily in other apps, what are you trying to get it to go into landscape in?

4. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to go to lanscape mode when using messages to text and when using the browser. I did the G-Sensor calibrtion and a battery pull. Oh S!%T, I just layed the phone on it's back on a level table and did another recalibration and now it's working fine. When I first did the calibration I held the phone on it's side to calibrate it. I guess you have lay the phone with the back down and not on it's side to calibrate it, DUH!
    Hey, thanks for your help anyway!
    Doug