• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble with my g1

TAMARAO954

Lurker
Sep 6, 2009
Hey im having some trouble with my g1... At first, i was able to set ringtones for when people call me but i tried to do something on my memory card so that i could get ringtones as my text message alert so i put everything under "notifications" "alarms" && ummm something else cant remember.. Then i realized there was no ringtones anymore. Okay so now the only way i can set a ringtone is through the music player thing.. I've reformatted my whole memory card thinkin that would help but it didnt. Please please help me.

yay so it worked for my notifications. i can now get ringtones as my sms alert. but for some reason all of my ringtones are still mixed in with my music and when i go to choose a ringtone for my call alert, only about 8 of them are showing... this is soooo weird.. im missing my blackberry a little because it was sooo simple

Upvote 0
yay so it worked for my notifications. i can now get ringtones as my sms alert. but for some reason all of my ringtones are still mixed in with my music and when i go to choose a ringtone for my call alert, only about 8 of them are showing... this is soooo weird.. im missing my blackberry a little because it was sooo simple

Put four new folders in the root of the /sdcard as

/sdcard/Alarms
/sdcard/ringtones
/sdcard/notificztions
/sdcard/ui

then the sounds you add to these folders will appear in the appropriate menus when you select to change the sound for that function ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones