• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble with OTA update after root

I think I picked a bad day to mess with my phone...

So I rooted my Incredible last week, played around with CM6, then ended up using my nandroid backup to restore the phone. Everything worked like normal.

Yesterday I decided to use the unrevoked forever tool and update my radio to 2.15 and play around with the leaked OTA ROM. Again I restored a nandroid backup to get things back to normal.

Now my phone is getting the 2.2 update from Verizon, but when I tell it to install, it starts as normal, but ends up with an error screen with the green android, and a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. From this screen if I push Power I am in ClockworkMod Recovery and able to reboot my phone. Once I reboot my phone I am still running 2.1, and System Updates tells me my phone is up to date.

Any ideas people?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones