• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble with Samsung Kies, Device not supported?

Padwah65

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
Hi guys

I'm very new to this, so please have patience with me.
So here goes, I have a question, one which I am sure you have encountered before.
Just purchased a Galaxy SIII, downloaded Kies, connected my device, then was informed that my device was not supported.
Help!
Cheers.

Hi guys

I'm very new to this, so please have patience with me.
So here goes, I have a question, one which I am sure you have encountered before.
Just purchased a Galaxy SIII, downloaded Kies, connected my device, then was informed that my device was not supported.
Help!
Cheers.

first thing i would try is when you connected via usb cable pull dow the notification pannel on the phone and you should see "connect as...." tap this and confirm connect as MTP device is ticked

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem ...

Noob to Android; please explain any help carefully!

Problem:
* Kies won't recognise my phone: "This device is not supported by Kies 2.0. Make sure that your device is supported and try again."

What I have:
* Samsung S3 GT-I9300
* Kies 2.5.0.12094_28_8
* Odin3 3.04

What I've done:
* Rooted phone with CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0
* Installed CWM (to backup original ROM)
* Upgraded to JB using odin (wrong region)
- - Original firmware (AP:I9300BVALF4, CP:I9300BVLF2, CSC:I9300FTMALF4)
- - Current firmware (AP:I9300XXDLJ4, CP:I9300XXDLID, CSC:I9300OXADLJ4)

Possible problems:
* Rooting phone breaks kies?
* Installing CWM breaks kies?
* Upgrading firmware breaks kies?
* Using wrong firmware region breaks kies?
* Wrong CSC selected?
* Kies needs flash count at 0 (i.e. use triangle away)?

Desired outcome:
* Kies working
* Unbranded/debranded Android JB

What I've tried:
* Kies troubleshoot connection error
* USB debugging is unchecked (have checked/unchecked)
* Changing CSC (using CSC changer)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hi, everyone!

I have the same problem ... but with the SII and the Galaxy Tab P-6800. !!!????
Before, I used Kies for connecting both devices to my notebook, but after the last upgrading of Kies, it won't recognise my devices any more:
"This device is not supported by Kies 2.0. Make sure that your device is supported and try again."

What I have:

* Samsung SII GT-I9100 with Android 4.0.3 from Argentina, unlocked.
* Samsung Galaxy Tab GT P-6800 with Android 4.0.4 International Version, unlocked.
* Kies 2.5.0.12094_28_8
* Notebook with Windows 7.
NOTE: none of my devices are rooted. Both devices were upgraded from Honeycomb to ICS through Kies/mi notebook.

I've tried:
* Kies troubleshoot connection error
* USB debugging unchecked (have checked/unchecked)
* Uninstalling Kies and drivers completely, cleaning with CCleaner any remains, restarting Windows, reinstalling Kies from official Samsung Sites and restarting devices. Several times. Always the same window appears.
Windows does recognize them perfectly, and installs the drivers, and I can use them as a USB storage device, but I can

Upvote 0
I had this problem 4 months ago on my Galaxy S2 which I cured by doing the following

1. Open up your dialer
2. Dial *#*#7284#*#* This opens up the PhoneUtil menu

There are 2 sections:
UART
MODEM
PDA

USB
MODEM
PDA

3. Ensure PDA is selected for USB. If it already selected to PDA, try reselecting it by selecting Modem, then PDA.
4. Press the Back key
5. Retry Kies

This time around this procedure does not work for me?

Any help appreciated?:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones