• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble with setting up comcast business email on new note 4

labeledbass

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
Hello there, long time android user/abuser, just swapped out my galaxy s3 for a Verizon/note 4 and I wanted to give you guys a shot before I call up I'm assuming would be Verizon and then comcast.

First I have a standard non rooted new note 4 - service verizon, I have several exchange emails through my comcast business account which work perfectly on my s3. I duplicated all the domain, user name and server info into my note but I still can't complete the setup. It's currently setup as exchange server but I have tried pop too.

Most of time the error returns -
"Incorrect server address entered or server requires protocol version not supported by email"

I know there's 3rd party apps but I want to keep this simple as possible, and since it ran fine on my 4.4 s3 why not this phone.

Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance! If this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry, haven't seen the new layout of the site for a while.

As a user of Comcast services I know that I had issues when they switched over name servers and addresses. You may already be aware of this, and if so ignore my post, though I would look at Comcast's website (help section) for the appropriate settings for the email. You may have to enter them manually for things to cooperate. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Yeah, it tries to set up automatically but I have to enter the info manually every time. I have been at the DNS server section if that's what you're referring to.

The business comcast is a little different, but I've tired
Mail.w14a.comcast.net, imap."",pop3"",and the couple others

Mail and imap seem to be the most popular priprefixes with activesync, exchange.

I may get on their site again in the morning, I still check my mail in my s3 but I'm selling it soon so I need to resolve this.

Thanks for looking, if you think of anything else please let me know! Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones