1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Trouble with the latest update.

1. ChrisRuns2012

ChrisRuns2012 Member

I have a rooted Atrix 2. I just got the notification from ATT about a firmware update. I accepted it, downloaded it, restarted the phone, and it went to the update loader...and then it flashed a triangle with an exclamation point and resumed to boot normally...without installing the update. :(

What caused this?

How do I fix it?

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Many thanks.

Advertisement
  2. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

You may need to "un-root" your phone for it to accept the update would be my guess.
  3. ChrisRuns2012

ChrisRuns2012 Member

Hmmm...I go about that by flashing a stock ROM right? Or is there a different way?
  4. Freakshow999

Freakshow999 Active Member

Anybody know how to un-root the phone to get the update?
  5. ozziedog

ozziedog Member

Its my understanding that if you do a factory reset it will go back to stock. BUT before you do a reset make sure you back up your root. I lost mine with the update and have not been able to root it again. Good luck.
  6. ChrisRuns2012

ChrisRuns2012 Member

So I did the Factory Reset...and it still gives me the angry triangle...and reboots normally...what's wrong?
  7. macgiobuin

In The Motorola Flipside Forum, keyboardaddict wrote:

1.Took out microSD card
    2. Using the microSD adapter, renamed the update zip file as follows update.zip
    3.Inserted it back into my cellphone
    4. Turned it on while pressing the x key. Arrived at that pesky exclamation triangle screen.
    5. Pressed Fn + T, using arrow keys chose sdcard update.zip option. Afterwards, u should already see some activity... at the end choose the reboot option and be rewarded with a red and black motorola symbol!

Remarks: I tried a lot of stuff before coming up with this. So in addition, I also on the recovery screen, chose the wipe clean :'( and wipe cache partition option. Furthermore, I also copied again the update file... so I had two files... one with the original name, and the other with the update.zip name.

Hope it works!
  8. ChrisRuns2012

ChrisRuns2012 Member

Wait...so I do that how? Can you dumb it down??
  9. macgiobuin

Check with one of the rooting experts in the first thread at the top of this page. I have never rooted a phone, and would only make things worse for you. You could also try the ATRIX 2 forum on Motorola's website.
  10. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Did you remove any of the bloatware that originally came on the phone? Being rooted is a non-issue.