1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Troubles Modding Mezmerize

1. scubab

scubab Active Member

Good afternoon all,
    My wife got a new phone since her Mezmerize was having a ton of force closes, even after having USCC load 2.2 with the Samsung PST in the service center. Since we we now have a Mezmerize to play with I was thinking of modding the phone to see if we can get around the issues.

I've sucessfuly rooted the phone with SuperOneClick but I've read there isn't much reliable modding for the Mez currently. We only want it for games for us and the kids so we'd leave it on Airplane mode and simply use WiFi so having a USCC radio does not matter to us. I've read it is possible to load a mod designed for the Fascinate into the phone but when I attempt to 'apply sdcard:update.zip' using the premium CWM app with the JITsomethingorother for the Fascinate I get the following message:
    Code (Text):
    [COLOR="Yellow"]-- Install from package...
    Finding update pacage...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted[/COLOR]
    Since this leaves the phone in recovery mode I can attempt to manually apply the update but I get an error image /!\ with an Android standing by it. I can reboot the phone okay but there seems to be no way to mod this unless I'm overlooking some simple steps :confused:

I'm assuming this is due to having a factory release of 2.2 on the phone but this is just speculation.

Any advice?

Advertisement
    :
  2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

You can probably find a lot more help for this kind of error on XDA. Its not an issue related to the "factory" 2.2. I have the same issue at times with the "leaked" version I run.